Burlington, VT or Chicago, IL
Aurora North is a Burlington, Vermont based software company that develops software focused on enhancing legal operations, increasing efficiency, and reducing risk. Aurora North, an industry leader known for providing advanced technology solutions to law firms all over the world, is currently hiring an experienced Project Manager with experience in team leadership, customer support, technical documentation, on-site installation and training. Good working knowledge of enterprise level data systems, both hardware & software, is important.
The successful candidate has experience communicating technical computer applications, upgrades and concepts to non-technical audiences. Excellent verbal and written communication skills for working with clients in challenging situations to ensure client satisfaction and retention. Project Management experience to include managing projects, budgets, implementing infrastructure for business areas. Legal industry experience is a plus.
Strong skills in: business analysis, requirements gathering, and project leadership. Write and present business cases to the Executive Team for approval. Create project plans, assemble project teams, and complete deliverables for projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads both business users and development personnel throughout each of the project phases. As project lead is responsible for reporting to upper management on status, progress & issues.
- Manages all facets of the project life cycle – from requirements and implementation through testing, deployment and customer support – mitigating and minimizing exposure to risk and assuring the successful and timely execution of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Offers the client technical direction, drives project scheduling and is responsible for the allocation of project resources.
- Presents Aurora North’s capabilities and initiatives to a breadth of system stakeholders, from system users to the developer community to information technology (IT) managers and system owners. Leads software demonstrations for visiting program managers and at off-site meetings. Conducts technical overviews and explorations for the development team. Leads conference sessions.
- Collaborates with CEO, CTO, COO, Director of Development, Business Analysts, other Project Managers and Implementation Engineers.
- Participates in requirements discussions and gathering.
- Compiles requirements into client facing documents and internal engineering documents.
- Typical documents include: Requirements Response, Project Plan, Wireframe / Prototype, Standard Consulting Agreement, Statement of Work, Software Subscription Agreement.
- Monitors work-in-progress, measuring requirements milestones against actual work-to-date.
- Four-year degree or equivalent in computer science or a related engineering focus
- 3+ years of related experience with significant responsibilities related to project management
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Advanced time management and analysis skills
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Very strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- High level of reliability, follow-through, discretion and integrity
- Team player: the ability to successfully interact with co-workers is essential
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Eager to learn and gain real world experience in a fast-paced high-tech environment
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, excellent holiday/vacation/sick time off, and a 401(k) plan with company safe harbor contribution.
Our company is a highly-respected, top-tier provider of legal software and associated services throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. We have been in business since 2005 and have an unparalleled reputation in the legal market. We are seeking a highly qualified, talented person who enjoys working in a small company environment.
If our position sounds interesting to you, please contact: email@example.com. While we appreciate all resume submittals only candidates with experience most relevant to our needs will be contacted.
Aurora North is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.